So I thought today was the day that we'd find out if we have a girl Cider or a boy Cider. I had been praying that Cider would cooperate for the appointment. Apparently Cider cooperated a little too much. The doctors are pleased with my previous ultrasounds and blood tests; and therefore, no ultrasound today. We did get to listen to Cider's heartbeat. It still amazes me that almost the instant that the doppler touched my belly you could hear the heartbeat.
While listening to the heartbeat, the doctor said that we were listening to something rather unique. I got scared for a moment that he was going to say there were two heartbeats. Instead, he told us that he had been able to find the actual heartbeat and not the beating of the blood flowing through the umbilical cord. He is usually only able to achieve these results in one out of twenty patients. I always knew I was special.
Items learned today:
1. My hip pain is completely normal. Just need to find what helps soothe the pain. He mentioned trying heat or cold. Since there is no exact science, I just have to try different things until the pain is manageable. Although, the pain has not been as bad lately. Maybe that is because the weather has been so nice and Josh and I have been going on a nightly 2 mile walk.
2. Hot showers are not a bad thing. I am a huge fan of hot showers. Josh has always been concerned about the temperature of my showers, but has been a little extra paranoid since we found out I was pregnant.
3. It is perfectly safe for me to fly to Utah at the end of April for my cousin's wedding.
Not sure when my next appointment is. I have a prescription to make an appointment at Fairfax Radiology Center to have them look at Cider's kidneys and other organs as well as gender. I am suppose to have this done as close to 20 weeks as possible but before my next regular monthly appointment at my doctor's on March 5.
My heating pad was my BEST friend... I had a LOT of round ligament pain with Bean (could barely walk!) So I got an extra large heating pad, and turned it sideways so no matter what side I laid on, I could roll and be on the heating pad. Good luck!
ReplyDelete