Today was the day that I decided I would sign us up for the childbirth classes as well as the maternity tours of the hospitals. Yes, I did mean hospitals plural. My OB/GYN practice delivers at both INOVA Fairfax and INOVA Fair Oaks. I will not know which hospital I will deliver at until I actually go into labor. If all the other laboring moms are at one hospital, I have to follow them to whichever one they are at. If I am the first one to go into labor, I get to pick.
So I registered for the childbirth class recommended by the OB/GYN practice. No problem. They had plenty of room in for ideal time frame. Next on to the maternity ward tours. Fair Oaks Hospital had a few spots left in the month of June but they were all during the day though. First night time tour is on July 25, the day after my due date. During the day is not ideal but it is something we can work with. So I signed us up for the tour on June 13 at 12:15pm.
Fairfax Hospital was another story. The first date they had available without even taking time of day into consideration is on July 24. Guess that will not work.
I am pretty sure that Murphy's Law is going to come for a visit. I am now taking bets that we will deliver at Fairfax Hospital since we will not get to see it before hand.
25 weeks Day 3
If it makes you feel any better I never got to tour the hospital that Andy was born at... and if you go to Fairfax, my OB rotation was there... it's pretty nice. I've seen L&D, HRP, and all the postpartum floors... ask away. :-)
ReplyDelete