Early this morning Josh and I attended a consignment sale at a local church. I had gone to two smaller ones last weekend but neither compared to this one. A line had formed prior to the sale opening at 8am. It was then that I knew that these people meant business.
There was a tent outside that had larger play items and strollers. I found a farm themed ExerSaucer for $13. It is in great condition and just needs a minor cleaning up. I promptly made Josh grab it and get in the outdoor line to pay. Meanwhile, I went inside to see what craziness I could get myself involved in. I found an aqua themed swing ($35) and bouncy seat ($12.50) which both need some clean-up but other wised looked in great condition. I put my stuff in a holding area and then did a circle around the main room. It was packed. I do not think I could have found anything else if I tried. They had a ton of clothing but since I am new to this mommy thing I have no idea how big she will be at what time of year.
The checkout system these had guys was crazy. Every item had a bar code so each item was scanned at checkout and a receipt was then printed out. I imagine this almost makes it easy to get the money back to the original consignor.
We took the items home and put in different batteries. Good news! The swing and bouncy seat both work great. I think the motor on the swing is a little loud but that just might be how they are. Funny side story- Both the swing and bouncy seat take D batteries. The only item we have in our house that carries D batteries is out camping lantern. Josh thought the swing needed some weight in it comparable to the weight of a baby so the camping lantern became our stand in baby when testing out the bouncy seat and swing. Daisy also seems completely not bothered by the new sounds in the house. She did perk her ears up when the ExerSaucer started playing music when you push the tractor. She does give all baby items a thorough sniff when they come into the house.
Next year I think I will volunteer to help with the event. The volunteers get to pre-shop on Friday. I bet Baby Cider and I could get into some serious damage with all those clothes that are available. One of our friends got to do so and I saw the loot she came home with. Everything was so cute! A few items even had the original price tags still on them.
Week 20 Day 5
No comments:
Post a Comment