Nothing really exciting to report from the doctor's appointment. We did get to listen to her heartbeat. The doctor suggested that Josh put his ear to my belly because he might hear something or feel movement against his check. I wonder if he will actually try that out.
We are in the process of figuring out her name. We have one we both like but we have a hard time of coming up with a nickname for her since the name is rather long. If all else fails I will just keep calling her Cider. Do not worry, we are not new age-enough to make her legal name Cider.
I am starting to get nervous about the next 20 weeks. I think I will feel a bit better once we start getting her gear together, setting up the nursery, and it feels like we are ready for her. Although I know we will never be 100% ready.
People have been asking how I'm doing. I have been feeling great. As with the rest of my pregnancy, nothing makes me sick. I am still craving egg rolls but now I have added french fries and chicken nuggets to that list. No weird combinations of foods though. I have figured out that if I sleep on my left side, my right hip does not hurt. The past few nights I have woken up around 3am to 4am, and I am unable to go back to sleep. Usually I lay there and think of the things I could do instead - grocery shopping, washing dishes, vacuuming the house, and even taking a shower because that is one less thing to do when I actually get up for the day. I imagine that it is my body getting ready for those middle of the night feedings.
Over the past week, my started to show a bit more. Although it is still hard to tell when I wear certain non-maternity clothes. I have also begun to feel some movement. It mainly happens at the end of the day when I am relaxing on the couch or laying in bed.
Our next appointment is at 4pm on April 4. 4/4 4pm. Haha. We didn't even plan that.
Sorry that the picture is sideways. I took it with my phone and then emailed it to myself. No clue how to turn it.
Week 20
No comments:
Post a Comment