Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Climbing

Yesterday, little miss G turned 13 months. She will be walking any day now. Although I've been saying that for over a month. She stands alone and will take one step if that helps her cruise from one piece of furniture to the next. When she gets to a point where she can't hang out to anything, she sits down and crawls to where she wants to go.

Today started the climbing phase of our lives. For the past couple days she has liked to empty out one of the drawers of our coffee table. I still haven't really baby proofed any of the drawers because she really didn't have the strength to open them. Not any more. Guess I'll add that to my list of things to do. Well after she emptied most of the items out of the drawer, she tried to climb in it. I kept any eye on her but below are the pictures of her process.
The Beginning




So proud of herself

Time to play
By the way she is only in a diaper because right before all this occurred she had drank a bottle that I hadn't fully screwed the lid on. Most of the bottle leaked all over her so I took off her dress since nap time was just around the corner and would put on different clothes then.

I showed these pictured to Josh when he came home from work. He wanted to know why I put her in the drawer. I want to make it clear that I had no part in this other than to make sure she didn't fall or hurt herself. 

Guess we are skipping the walking stage and going straight to climbing. I pray that climbing out of the crib is not next.

No comments:

Post a Comment