Can't handle that this little one is 4 months old. She's growing up so fast.
Eleanor has recently mastered rolling from her back onto her belly. She hasn't quiet nailed the reverse though. I think she actually likes being on her belly because she can see what Genevieve is doing. She loves watching her big sister. Most of her big belly laughs are because of something Genevieve is doing.
Eleanor has stopped sleeping well at night. Everyone talks about a 4 month regression in sleep patterns. Research says it should last 2-4 weeks. Yesterday morning was a little rough. Around 11am Genevieve told me she wanted a snack and led me to the pantry. She pointed to the coffee. I guess it's bad when your 2 year old wants to make you coffee. Actually I think she just likes scooping the grounds out and pouring them into the coffee maker.
Eleanor is becoming a babbler. Last night she was starring at Josh and just talking to him.
I believe we've started the teething process. Eleanor is constantly drooling. Her shirts are usually soaked through by the end of the day. She is sticking everything in her mouth. This morning I noticed that little slits have appeared on her bottom gum where the teeth will come in. Genevieve got her first tooth a week before she turned 6 months. Only time will tell how Eleanor will compare in the teething process.
Hallelujah!! Eleanor has finally after weeks and weeks of trying decided to take the bottle. We tried 5 different types of bottles - Dr. Brown, Playtex, Avent, Medela and Tommy Tippee. Lucky number 5 was the key. A friend had an extra that she let me borrow. She figured it would have the same response as the others but was trying to be supportive. Crazy how well she's done with it. Josh and I are going away for a weekend in October and Josh's mom and step-dad are coming down to watch the girls. Luckily now we know she isn't going to starve while we are gone. I may even consider weaning her on to formula while we are gone. Genevieve was weaned at 6 months and this trip is falling a week shy of that same milestone for Eleanor.






No comments:
Post a Comment