Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday Dear Virginia!
Happy Birthday to Me!
In case you couldn't figure it out by my little song. Today was my birthday. My family tried very hard to make this a special day for me.
My sister-in-law and I are our combined 4 girls headed to Firehouse Subs for lunch followed by LoriBells for frozen custard. Both offered specials for people on the birthday so I only had to pay for Genevieve's lunch.
Josh got home a bit early from work so I was able to go and get my eyebrows waxed and a much needed pedicure.
Later, my sister-in-law and her family came over for dinner and birthday cake to help finish out the day.
I have loved seeing all the Facebook messages come through today. It has been touching to see people's personalized messages instead of the generic "happy birthday".
It wasn't a huge deal this year. That's next years plan. The big 3-0! Josh has been given fair warning since his 30 birthday back in October that I expect a huge deal made out of next year's birthday. Plus we are leaving tomorrow very early to drive back to Indiana for Josh's grandmother's final (blog to follow). So I was a little preoccupied with getting us all ready and mentally preparing myself for a 10+ hour car ride with a toddler, a newborn, and a beagle.
Here's to a great year and the last year I get to say I'm in my 20s!
No comments:
Post a Comment