Thursday, January 29, 2015

9 months on - 9 months off

There's a saying that is commonly heard to postpartum women. "It took 9 months to put the weight on, it will take 9 months to take off."

Tomorrow Eleanor turns 9 months old. It's an exciting time. She's crawling around and pulling up on everything. She's starting to cruise around the furniture. She's babbling and trying to make conversation. We are pressuring her to eat solid foods. She doesn't enjoy them but she seems very interested in forks, spoons, and feeding herself.

While I'm excited for the progress she's made over the past 9 months, there's part of me that is disappointed in myself for the past 9 months. I've jumped on and off the eating right and working out bandwagon so many times I can't even remember which side of it I'm on.

It upsets me to see that I'm closer to the weight I was when Eleanor was born than I am to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am unsure what I'm doing wrong.

I guess one can only say, stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment