Tuesday, July 8, 2014

God Bless America

God bless America,
Land that I love,
Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home
God bless America, My home sweet home.

We had a wonderful weekend here in our new town. For me, the 4th of July will always mean spending time with my family on beautiful Lake Wawasee in northern Indiana. We were there last year and I hope to be there next year but it just wasn't possible to go this year. Friends and family kept us busy during the holiday weekend. 

On Friday the 4th we enjoyed a parade in downtown Cartersville. Josh hopes to be in it next year with his Thunderbird. We then went to the local park for some food and games. For lunch we had Josh's sister and her family over for a cook out. Later that night we were invited to a friend from church's house for dinner and to watch fireworks. Genevieve didn't allow us to stay for the fireworks. They didn't start till 9:30 (2 hours past bed time). She made it till 8:30 but then pretty much crashed. Maybe next year. I really thought she would enjoy them.

Saturday morning we went to the local Harley dealership for some hot dogs and music. Later that night Josh took his Thunderbird to the first Saturday of the month cruise in. The girls and I met him there to look at old cars.

Sunday morning was spent at church and the afternoon and evening we tried to recover from all our festivities.

Pictures from the parade:





Pictures from the park. Genevieve was all excited to see the horses until she had the chance to ride one. She also got to pet some goats.




Testing out some motorcycles at Harley Davidson:




Posing on the front steps:


 Josh and Genevieve with the Thunderbird at the cruise-in:



I've been trying to find time to make a flag wreath for a while now. One day last week both girls napped at the same time so I was able to finish it.



No comments:

Post a Comment