Yesterday started the 36th week of this pregnancy. Seems like the second half has flown by. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a big move plus a blue eyed, blond hair 20 month old have probably been the biggest distractors. So hard to believe that in 4 weeks we will no longer be a family of just three. That Genevieve will no longer be an only child.
There is so much that needs to be done. Here's my running list. I'm sure there are a million things I'm forgetting.
* Pack for the hospital for both me and baby number two
* Pack bag for Genevieve for when she stays with her aunt and uncle while I'm in the hospital
* Give said aunt and uncle the extra key to the house so they can feed the dog and incase I forget something for Genevieve
* Take a tour of the hospital
* Decide on a pediatrician for baby number two (We will be in DC around Genevieve's second birthday which is when she needs to go for her next well check so we are planning to keep her with her current pediatrician till after that.)
* Make a couple more meals to put in the freezer
* Bonus would be to deep clean the house. I probably don't have energy for that though.
Last week started our weekly appointments at the OB's office. Today was this week's appointment. We found out that I am 1-2 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced. Which means baby will be coming soon. My midwife said she would be shocked if I made it to my due date on May 5. Honestly I'm a little scared I will make it another week. I had a similar appointment with Genevieve and had her less than a week later.
Needless to say I'm freaking out a bit. I know I complain about being miserably uncomfortable but I know it's best for her development to wait till at least 37 weeks and hopefully more. I am so excited for her arrival but I want it to be at the best possible time for her. I look at my to do list and start to get nervous. Tomorrow I'm tackling the first two things on that list.
I thought we'd have more time till we were at this point. I'm really doubting my ability to birth another child. I need to start the self pep talks now. I thought I would have more time to mentally, physically, emotionally spiritually, etc prepare myself to nurse and survive many sleepless nights. Although I'm sure I would never be really prepared for any of these things but the ability to get through these moments would just come to me.
Last week we had an ultrasound to check the positioning of the placenta. The ultrasound confirmed that the placenta is in an okay position and a c-section will not be necessary. Praise the Lord! However, the ultrasound technician checked the baby's head size several times and she is measuring about two weeks behind. They recommended going to see an ultrasound specialist. I was set to go see them next Wednesday but given today's information the ultrasound appointment was moved up to tomorrow afternoon. We aren't sure exactly what "measuring small" actually means. We have been afraid to go google or webmd in fear of getting even more freaked out then we are. Josh's mom said they probably saw something that is abnormal to them and want to cover their rear ends by sending me to the specialist. Genevieve was born on her due date and was small, so maybe I just have small babies. But nevertheless I am really freaked out about it all. Please pray for us tomorrow afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment