I realized when I was posting about what I packed in my
hospital bag, that I never posted the finished product of Genevieve's monthly pictures.
 |
| 6 pounds 7 ounces - 19.25 inches long |
 |
| 7 pounds 15 ounces - 20.25 inches long |
 |
| 9 pounds 15 ounces - 21 inches long |
 |
| 12 pounds 8. 5 ounces - 22.75 inches long |
 |
| 14 pounds 7 ounces - 24 inches long |
Here are a few tips I've come up with. I by no means followed all these tips but they are things I've learned over the last year. The major key word is
consistency:
- Consistently on when take them. This may mean having to set a reminder on your calendar or phone for each month. I also learned that the best time of day to take them was after Genevieve had woken up from her afternoon nap. This was when she was in the best mood. Plus I had all day to remember to take the picture. Once she woke up, I would change her diaper and put her in a white onesie if she wasn't already wearing one. Then take the picture.
- Consistently on how you take them. I typically used my iPhone but also used my regular camera. The quality between the two greatly differs. Plus my iPhone met with an untimely death around the 6th month photos so I upgraded to the iPhone 4. I can definitely see a difference in the brightness and fussiness of the photos even though each photo was typically taken the same. Although I'm not the best photographer so the poor quality could be all my fault and nothing to do with the iPhone.
- Consistently on where you take them. I started taking Genevieve picture with her laying on that yellow blanket. The only problem with that was as she got bigger and was more mobile, she was less interested and willing to cooperate laying down. Some people take pictures with the babies sitting in their rocking chairs (which I'm thinking of adding for baby number two). The only problem with this is when you aren't home to take that picture. We were gone in Indiana for holidays and family trips for months 4 and 12. It was easy to pack the onesie, sticker and blanket and still get to take the picture on the right date.
Stay tuned to see baby number two's progress...
No comments:
Post a Comment