Tuesday, April 22, 2014

38 Weeks

Quick update from my 38 week appointment yesterday.

I am now 3 centimeters dilated and about 60% effaced. Honestly I am slightly discouraged by this news. I was having contractions about 5-6 minutes apart on Saturday for 2 hours so I anticipated being further along. I know that pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks so I shouldn't be too discouraged yet with two weeks left. I just figured since dilation start at least two weeks ago and I had contractions on Saturday that the end of pregnancy was in site. So sick of being miserable. (Sorry to complain. I know I'm not the first pregnant woman. Women do it all the time. This pregnancy has just been a lot harder on me. I've had a hard time keeping a positive attitude through it.)

Good news that things are moving along and I've actually been able to sleep pretty well the last two nights. By pretty well, I mean only waking up twice during the night in order to use the restroom. This is a major improvement from the past week.

Can't wait to meet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment