I honestly didn't think I would make it this far. When I was already dilating at my 36 week appointment, I thought for sure I would have another baby by now. No such luck. I think she's just too comfortable in there. Or maybe she hears her sister crying and fussing and is scared to come out. Maybe this is a sign she will be non-crier. Here's hoping.
Anyways, yesterday we went for our weekly OB appointment. Still 3 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced. The midwife did mention that due to the barometric pressure changing so much in the next few days due to storms coming into the area that I may go into labor. Apparently when that happens people go into labor like crazy. Last night a storm rolled through but no baby. We actually stayed at my sister-in-law's house last night just in case since she has a basement. Another set of storms are suppose to roll through tonight. The midwife I like the best from the practice is on call today and all this weekend. Figures crosses for one of those options.
Otherwise I'm back for another appointment in the office next Monday - my due date. I never made it to my 40 week appointment with Genevieve. She came on her due date and the 40 week appointment was schedule for a couple days after that. I'm starting to think about what we are going to do if we make it to 41 weeks and still no baby. They don't want to let me go much pass 41 weeks. I was firm on not being induced with Genevieve. No sure I can make it much longer this time around but also not sure about the effects of being induced either.
Something I haven't mentioned before has been my weight gain. For some reason I feel like talking about it today. Maybe it's because I can feel/see the light at the end of the tunnel. I definitely want the accountability to get it off this time. I am getting close to my scary weight. You know that weight that you never, ever hope to see on the scale? For me that's 200 pounds. Now I realize that there is a baby in my belly so I have a slight excuse for it getting close to that number. It's not like the weight gain is just from the effects of eating junk food. But I definitely gained more weight than was probably recommended. Some people (crazy people?) only gain like 15 pounds. I think my mother-in-law (who is a midwife) told me that it's recommended to only gain 18-25 pounds.
So far I've gain 56 pounds. Now I'm calculating that from my pre-Genevieve weight. I didn't get the last 10-15 pounds off from her. I only gained around 30 pounds with her. However, I was also probably the skinniest I had been in a while when I got pregnant with Genevieve. Hopefully this time around I will have more motivation and accountability to get the weight off. It is definitely hard to keep up with a 21 month old in my current state. I can't imagine keeping up with two little ones without getting rid of some serious weight and building muscle to carry those two around. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment