Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Josh and I at Paradise Cove in Freeport, Bahamas in September 2011
Josh and I were fortunately enough to go on two cruises pre-baby. If you've never been on a cruise, I highly recommend it. During our first cruise we discovered this gem of place in called Paradise Cove in Freeport, Bahamas. We loved getting to stop at Paradise Cove on both cruises. We actually picked the second cruise due to it stopping in Freeport (among other places).

We enjoyed getting to snorkeled on both trips. I honestly don't remember much about the first trip but I definitely remember the second one. While we were swimming out to the reef, it started to rain. And by rain, I mean it was a torrential downpour. Now this didn't bother Josh much since he sinks like a rock, but since I float the rain drops kept pelting my back. I kept curling up in ball under the water for relief. I finally convinced Josh to go back in till the storm past through. Luck would have it by the time we made it back to shore, the rain had stopped.  So out we went for the second time. The reef was gorgeous. There were lots of fish and I believe a turtle or two. The waves were a little rough from all the rain storms the area had been having and they made me a bit nervous so we didn't stay out too long.

Paradise Cove also offers a fabulous cafe and bar. The conch fritters are delicious. We haven't been there since 2011 and I'm drooling just thinking about them. In fact, it would be worth the expensive of the trip back just for those conk fritters. Josh enjoyed getting to taste locally brewed beers. He even brought home the bottles to start his international beer bottle collection.

One draw back of Paradise Cove is both times Josh and I were bitten by sand flees. They are really small and you don't see them or even feel them biting you. They are kinda like mosquito bites but itching didn't really provide any relief. In fact I think they kinda burned. The first time we were not even aware of them. The bites showed up a few days later and we were convinced we'd been bitten by bed bugs on the cruise. Upon further research we discovered that it was in fact sand flees, not the bed bugs. The second trip we were prepared and packed the bug spray. Unfortunately the bug spray got left on the cruise ship and once again we suffered some nasty bites.

It's funny to look at this picture. I don't think Josh and I have changed that much. In fact if I wasn't pregnant, I would think that it could have been taken today. Hope to one day return to Paradise Cove (and that pre-pregnacy weight).

No comments:

Post a Comment