Monday, April 21, 2014

Nesting

The other day someone asked me if I was nesting. I had to think about it for a moment but came to the conclusion that the answer was no. With the move from Virginia to Georgia, I just haven't really cared about getting things organized. Once we got the necessities unpacked I preferred to keep everything else neatly packed in boxes. We are only renting this house for a year and know that we want to move out at the end of the term.

When I was pregnant with Genevieve, the nesting was out of control. I wanted to go through every room, drawer, closet, cabinet, etc and know exactly what was in all of them. Then I wanted to organize them. My credit card got a workout at Target to purchased lots of bins and containers. My label maker also got a workout in the process. In fact, I think I broke it and called Josh almost in tears asking him to fix it. If you don't have a label maker, I highly recommend it. I don't think I could live without mine.

So based on how crazy out of control I thought the nesting was the first time around I knew I wasn't experiencing it to that degree this time. That was until last night. Josh and I were going to bed a bit later than normal -after 11pm- and all the sudden I had this huge urge to clean up everything. I cleaned the kitchen (which I due every night before bed). But then I started to clean the bathroom mirror with Windex and empty out the trash cans in the bathrooms (Thursday is trash day so it definitely wasn't a priority to do it last night). Josh just looked at me like I was crazy and told me to go to bed. After picking up a few dirty clothes I was finally able to relax and get in bed. For the first time in a while I was able to instantly fall asleep.

In other news, 38 weeks today and appointment later this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment