Saturday, April 26, 2014

Potty Training


Today my baby went pee-pee in the potty for the first time.

It was quite by accident really. Earlier in the day she kept sticking her hand in her diaper, which is something new for her. She normally doesn't pay much attention to that area. So I jokingly asked her if she needed to go potty. She smiled and ran down the hallway into the bathroom. I figured what could be the harm in seeing what would happen. So I took off her pants and diaper, and let her sit on the potty. She made a few sounds but did nothing.

Later in the evening, she put her hand in her diaper again. I asked her the same question and off she ran to the bathroom. This time Josh followed her and assisted her onto the potty. Guess what? She actually peed. She seemed so proud of herself and had a huge smile on her face. Guess she must know what she did.

I was so proud. There were tears. Can't believe at a little over 21 months old she actually might be interested in the potty. She did earn a reward of a strawberry fig newton cookie.

I by no means think she is ready and she probably (and hopefully) won't remember any of it tomorrow. I am completely not ready to potty train. Not even close. Can't even wrap my head around thinking about potty training. Maybe if I wasn't less than two weeks from my due date I could more seriously consider it. Josh, on the other hand, thinks we should go for it and buy some pull-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment